We can recycle and sell the following to raise funds for Reading Mencap:
- DVDs and console games
- Lego, Duplo, Playmobil, Barbies, Action Men and vintage toys (please email us to check whether we can take other toys)
- Soft toys (good condition please)
- HP and Canon home office ink jet printer cartridges (used or new)
- Used postage stamps
- Foreign coins and notes
- Silver and gold jewellery
- Perfume (including empty and partially used bottles)
- Clothes - all clothes must be clean and in good condition (We can take bras, underwear, lingerie, vests, t-shirts, shirts, sweatshirts, jumpers, jackets and coats, dresses, trousers, shorts and skirts, jeans, swimwear, babywear, childrenswear, nightwear, sportswear, shoes, trainers, boots, sandals, belts, hats and scarves, handbags and purses).
- Luxury car sales brochures (eg Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Land Rover)
Please note, unfortunately we cannot accept the following items at present:
- Bulky items
- Plastic milk bottle tops
- Toys not listed above
- Puzzles/board games
We are always in need of donations for our raffles and tombolas. We are looking for:
- Bottles of wine or other alcohol
- Chocolates and sweets
- Unwanted gifts (including small lucky dip prizes for children)
Donations can be dropped off at our office at 21 Alexandra Road, Reading RG1 5PE (near Royal Berkshire Hospital).
If you would like to support us by becoming a drop-off point for these kinds of donations, please get in touch!
Support Reading Mencap when you shop or sell on eBay.
- • MAKE US YOUR FAVOURITE! First, personalise your shopping experience to benefit our organisation by making us your Favourite charity on eBay. This will help us more than you know.
- BUY FROM OUR EBAY STORE: You never know what you might find in our store! We usually have clothes, shoes, jewellery and toys for sale as well as vintage items, beauty products and more unusual finds.
- • DONATE TO US IN EBAY CHECKOUT: By making us your Favourite, you will automatically see Reading Mencap as your preferred charity when you buy anything on eBay, making it easy to add £1 or more upon checkout.
- • SELL YOUR ITEMS TO BENEFIT US: Last but not least, sell your used items on eBay and donate as little as 10% (1% for vehicles) or up to 100% of your sale to benefit us. When you sell, simply look for the eBay for Charity signature blue and yellow ribbon next to “Make a donation.” Check out the benefits you’ll receive:
- + eBay will waive your Final Value Fees to the extent you donate. (e.g. donate 20% and see 20% of your Final Value Fees waived)
- + The tax credit from all of your donations is yours to keep.
- + Items that benefit charity sell better, as buyers trust sellers that support charity more.
- + Help the world by upcycling/recycling. Plenty of items that might otherwise end up in a landfill can be readily used by others that may not have the means to buy something new.
- + Feel good for doing good.
Please contact: email@example.com