Unwanted Gifts for Raffle Prizes
We are always in need of donations of new items for our raffles and tombolas. We are looking for:
- Bottles of wine or other alcohol
- Toiletries and cosmetics
- Chocolates and sweets
- Hamper items such as ground coffee or a jar of honey
- Vouchers/gift cards
- Unopened toys and small lucky dip prizes for children
- Unused small household electrical items such as blenders and mobile phones
- Other unwanted gifts such as jewellery, scarves, candles and wallets
Please note, unfortunately we cannot accept second-hand items (including clothes) at present.
Donations can be dropped off at our office at 21 Alexandra Road, Reading RG1 5PE (near Royal Berkshire Hospital).
If you would like to support us by becoming a drop-off point for these kinds of donations, please get in touch!
Support Reading Mencap when you shop or sell on eBay.
- • MAKE US YOUR FAVOURITE! First, personalise your shopping experience to benefit our organisation by making us your Favourite charity on eBay. This will help us more than you know.
- • DONATE TO US IN EBAY CHECKOUT: By making us your Favourite, you will automatically see Reading Mencap as your preferred charity when you buy anything on eBay, making it easy to add £1 or more upon checkout.
- • SELL YOUR ITEMS TO BENEFIT US: Last but not least, sell your used items on eBay and donate as little as 10% (1% for vehicles) or up to 100% of your sale to benefit us. When you sell, simply look for the eBay for Charity signature blue and yellow ribbon next to “Make a donation.” Check out the benefits you’ll receive:
- + eBay will waive your Final Value Fees to the extent you donate. (e.g. donate 20% and see 20% of your Final Value Fees waived)
- + The tax credit from all of your donations is yours to keep.
- + Items that benefit charity sell better, as buyers trust sellers that support charity more.
- + Help the world by upcycling/recycling. Plenty of items that might otherwise end up in a landfill can be readily used by others that may not have the means to buy something new.
- + Feel good for doing good.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org